Since creating my preliminary task, I feel I have learned a great deal about magazines. For example, I now know that everything that you can see in a magazine is carefully designed and well thought-through. The furniture of a magazine is crafted very cleverly and masterfully in order to create a wider audience and sell as many copies as possible. Even the page-number in the bottom corner of the page is designed and carefully considered. Will it be big? Bold? Clearly visible? Where on the page? Everything has to match the genre of the magazine. If, for example, “Kerrang!”’s masthead was pink with bunny ears, it would look completely out of place and would risk the number of sales for the alternative rock/grunge magazine.
I have
learnt how to make an image, such as a front cover, look more professional, and
less like it has been created on Microsoft Word. The difference is quite incredible, I think,
when you consider the small amount of time between the creation of each task.
When I began my A-level media course, I knew literally nothing about magazines. I had a very vague knowledge of what had to be included, for example, the barcode, social network links, colour-schemes and fonts. I now know that everything has to link together. Considering, in my "BRAINSTORM" cover, there is a sign with "GCSE" in the background, which is no good for a sixth-form magazine. The audience have already done their GCSEs. I do, however, think that the font is appropriate, being very studious and official-looking, linking very well to school life.
No comments:
Post a Comment