The title of the magazine may seem all too familiar with
fans of my focused genres. As the two genres I have specialised my magazine on,
grunge and indie, are not necessarily mainstream at the moment, unlike the
annoying and repetitive pop-music, which is why fans of grunge and indie may be
familiar with the word “noise”. There really seems to be no option, in terms of
magazines for people who hate mainstream music, but prefer older and less
9-year-old-girl’s-playlist-style music. It’s almost as if enjoying other genres
is a taboo amongst younger people, as we are constantly bombarded with modern
music that is currently both overplayed and overrated.
Obvious
things, like using a “well-known” (fictional) superstar on the cover, for all
to see can persuade a potential audience to at least pick the magazine up.
Using celebrities that people will know is a must for attracting an audience. People
associate certain celebrities with certain genres, so for example, if Marilyn
Manson was on the cover of a magazine, you’d automatically know the genre as
heavy metal.
I took
the information I had gathered upon my research into mind when creating NOISE.
For example, the main colour-scheme of NOISE is black, white and red. The
colours of the magazine change upon every issue, however, to differentiate the
issues from each-other. For example, in my issue of NOISE, the colour scheme is
black, white, red and purple. Alisha’s is just black, white and red. The
audience sees the colour scheme as being black, white and red and automatically
assumes it to be a NOISE magazine.
I stated in my target
audience research conclusion that, “it is important to include gig info,
interviews and upcoming bands in my magazine, to suit everyone's interests”,
which I have done. The interviews are there to spark interest and persuade people
to pick up the magazine.
LINK TO MY PREZI ON QUESTION FIVE
http://prezi.com/dtmq2-kg-f9u/including-the-reader/
LINK TO MY PREZI ON QUESTION FIVE
http://prezi.com/dtmq2-kg-f9u/including-the-reader/
No comments:
Post a Comment