Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Self evaluation- Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

From my research, I found out that my ideal audience would be mainly males, in between the ages of 15 and 20, which is generally the same audience as “Kerrang!”. I did, however, find a problem with this. That being that the people who remember grunge music from when it was popular, are maybe the same people who love it now, are going to be older than 20. As grunge music appeared in the late 80’s and early 90’s, not many 15 year olds are going to remember the beginning.
            As I’ve said, I think there is a gap in the market and I think fans of both indie and grunge music would agree with me. While many people think that grunge has died out, I can guarantee it hasn’t. Bands didn’t just stop making music because Nirvana did. People associate the end of grunge with being the end of Nirvana.
           I think, overall, the people who have noticed the gap in the market for grunge and indie magazines would be interested in NOISE, as would anyone who was interested in reading about the star on the cover. Ideally, I think the audience of NOISE magazine would be the young people who seem to be forgotten in terms of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment